GENERAL POLICIES FOR PRIVATE & GROUP LESSONS TUITION AND FEES
The value of the 2014-2015 year’s tuition is divided into nine (9) equal monthly installments from September through May. Although the number of lessons varies from month to month, the monthly tuition remains unchanged.
PayMeNTS & Fees
- Except for the month of August, payments are due on the 1st of each month.
- Payments can be made by check (payable to Argyle Music Academy), cash, credit card in person at the church office (please see Amber Bonner or Krystal Stroud), or online through PayPal.
- Payments paid in full for the whole year will receive a 15% discount (must enroll on or before October 1st).
- Payments paid in full for the whole semester will receive a 10% discount (must enroll on or before October 1st).
- If you make 2 payments per semester, you receive 5% discount (must be enrolled by September 1st and semester tuition must be paid off by November 10th).
- Registration fees are $49 per student or $79 per family and are due at the time of registration (does not apply for trial lessons) to secure a time slot.
- The tuition and registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- There is an insufficient fund fee of $30 for every returned check.
ATTENDANCE: Students are expected to arrive on time and be prepared for every lesson. The lesson time will not be extended if the student is late for the lesson. Students are also expected to bring all their books, materials and instruments necessary for their lessons. If students arrive without the necessary material/instruments, they are still expected to attend their lesson. Only enrolled students and/or their parents/guardians may attend the class sessions.
- It is the responsibility of the student or parent to notify AMA or the teacher for any absences PRIOR to the lesson time. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the lesson and will not be eligible for make up lessons. There is a maximum of 1 make up lesson per semester, make-up lessons are available for absences due to illness only. Make up lesson will be held during last week of semester. You will have until the end of semester to complete the make up lesson, as it will not carry over to the next semester. An absence for any reason during the mutually agreed upon scheduled make-up lesson is considered a forfeited lesson.
- In the event when you know in advance that you will miss the regular lesson, you can call/email another family to "swap" the lessons. It is parents' responsibility to arrange the "swap" and notify the teacher about the arrangement. The contact information and students' schedule you can find on this website by logging in. We value your privacy, so this information is NOT visible to anyone without logging in.
- In the event that a teacher is absent, AMA will provide a highly qualified and experienced substitute who will ensure the proper continuity of students’ classes. If there is no substitute available, you will receive credit towards the next month's tuition.
- If in doubt about whether AMA is closed due to bad weather, E-mail/Text message will be sent to announce school closing for weather or other unusual circumstances. Argyle Music Academy follows the Argyle ISD weather cancellation policy. Missed lessons due to inclement weather will be made up in a Master Class format at the end of semester.
FACULTY: All teachers at AMA are highly qualified, university trained educators. We will assign a teacher that we feel is most appropriate for each student. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances, students may have to be assigned to a new teacher. Such changes are rare, but will always be positive and offer students new learning perspectives. If a student desires to change instructors, a written request must be submitted to the director. AMA’s teachers are not allowed to teach outside the Academy. Any soliciting/seeking private instruction from AMA’s teachers by present of former student is strictly prohibited.
SAFETY AND SUPERVISION: For your own safety, AMA requests that children under the age of 12 to be under the supervision of their caregiver at any time they are not at their lesson/class or AMA event. AMA cannot provide supervision and is not responsible for students’ safety before or after their lesson times. Children must be picked up promptly when their lesson is over. Students must be picked up within 5 minutes after the lesson ends. If students must wait for a ride home after their lessons, they should remain in the waiting area rather than outside. If, for the purposes of safety, an instructor
or other staff member has to wait after regular business hours with a child for a caregiver who is running late, there will be an additional charge of $25 added to the student’s account.
RELEASE: Any photographs, audio, or videos of student or families on AMA facilities or events may be used in promotional publications or press releases. There will be no compensation for the release.
PRACTICE SCHEDULE: Students are expected to demonstrate continued interest through their positive attitude during the lessons, regular weekly practice schedule and steady progress. Amount of practice required for each student varies due to age and level. The student’s progress will be monitored throughout the year to determine whether the practice time/quality is satisfactory.
AMA RECITALS: There will be two recitals per year. One held in the end of the fall semester and one in the end of the spring semester.
OTHER EVENTS: Students who would like to participate in exams, evaluations, auditions, competitions and festivals are required to fill out an application form (one form per each event) and appropriate registration fee must be paid. Teachers will be required to submit the forms to the office by the AMA deadline with no exceptions.
WITHDRAWAL AND DISMISSAL
- To discontinue lessons and suspend automatic charges prior to the completion of the year, please notify the AMA director by filling out a Withdrawal Form one full month prior from the first of the month, even if the first of the month is a School Holiday. Last day to withdraw is June 1st. Only written notice is sufficient. If a one full month withdrawal notice is not provided, the tuition and fees for the entire month are still due and payable. Tuition is not refundable, and not transferable.
- AMA reserves the right to dismiss a student due to nonpayment of tuition, frequent unexcused absences or tardiness, failure to abide by AMA policies, or behavioral problems. Your registration is for the whole year, any “break” you take during the year, other than medical reasons (doctor’s note required), is considered as withdraw.
Last updated on July 27, 2015